Welcome to summer... I have been working with Mayor Rizzo's Office and the city seems to be the only resolution we will have for this debris on the beach. Mr. Hunt from the DCR finally returned my call today and explained that legally the DCR will not be able to lend us the use of their rake unless we make the beach a public access. On Monday the Mayor and Superintendent Goodwin will provide a prisoner crew to help remove the seaweed as best as they can.
I have also set up an appointment with Barber Beach Raking Systems for next week to see if there is some alternative method and rake that would be affordable to the POPBA...AGAIN I can not stress the importance of our dues, with only half of the households in the Point of Pines paying their dues it leave us very vulnerable when situations like this occur. So if you have not paid your dues there is still plenty of time to send your check to Barbara Nickerson.
I am diligently working on a resolution to this problem. On that note we will meet at the Yacht Club at 7 am Saturday and try to see if we can get a jump on the trash and/or seaweed removal, feel free to join us and bring a rake!!
Thank you for your patience!!
Kristina Nappi
President